Thursday, November 27, 2008

RATNAGIRI... Ready Steady Go.......

Travelling over night is not a big deal.... as we can just keep on sleeping the whole journey.. But this was a day time travel, my first COMPANY offsite and my first day time travel.Reluctant over the travel hours I still decided to go for the offsite. The bus journey to the destination was simply great. I dint expect it to be so much fun as I was in a different bus than my department people... Played the all time favourite games like Antakshari, Dumb charades, etc... Learnt new game called Coffee-Potting....(A brief overview of the same - all the participants except one will decide upon a action(verb) like - dancing, sleeping, scratching, laughing,etc. The person with DAN has to find out what verb have they decided upon by asking series of questions to the participants. Eg. Suppose the word is Sleeping.... the person will ask..Do u coffee-pot? 1Participant - yes... How often you coffee-pot? 2participant -daily....when did u last coffee-pot? 3participant- yesterday night...So on and so forth....So relating the questions and there corresponding answers, the person should guess the action). The game was real fun....Suddenly our bus halted..... does any journey go without hindrances? But as long as its not the last obstacle in life I am fine with it.... Our bus had broken done.....All we had to do is call back the other bus which had gone 12 kms ahead....Packed like a local train in Mumbai(but mind u....an AC local... ;)) we completed the rest of our journey...... 3 seaters and standing people....
The pain over this was some URDU shayari which was more of bouncer......And people singing ghaati rickshaw wala songs by banging the bottles for background sound..... Finally we reached the destination, THE KOHINOOR SAMUDRA resort.... Place worth the journey.... We actually dint realise that we spend a whole day in bus...Rooms were pre-allocated... Luckily I was in one room with my friend while the rest of the crowd was paired more or less randomly... Got fresh and then ran to the dining hall with high expectations about the food as we were in KONKAN.... :) But the dinner dint turn out to be good..... :( After the meal, gurls deciding about the next day early morning plans of going on beach.....I was damn sleepy...just wanted to get into my bed..Slept peacefully.... Next day morning we went to the beach....I dint wish to get wet...Plus lot of crabs over the shore.....We hardly spend some 30mins over then beach as people were in hurry to go to Ganapatipule.... I dint wish to travel again ....So thought of staying back at the resort itself..Now whats next.... Sitting near the pool and applying sunscreen lotion without costumes.... We werent aware that costume is must to get into the pool....After doing lot of thinking and manipulation( hindi mein we call it "jugad....") we were in the pool.... :) Enjoyed playing water polo with guys.... It was real fun until I was injured and had to take early retirement... :) Dint know much of swimming but my friend helped me my way through in the pool... Thanks to her without whom I couldnt even float... :( Now It was time to come out of the pool...we needed towels... and here was this guy who helped us wid it... And we were like fultoo fida..... Our friends on the pool dint realise that the gals need a towel.... But that gentlemen did!!
Back to the room and suddenly my friend calls from the bath "Can you hear songs in the bathroom?" and I say "No". Next me in bath and I got the point were we can actually increase the volume of songs... dint knew till then that there was in-built(typical IT word) music systems in room.... We were damn impressed..... After bath it was chat time.... As always we again got late for the lunch and the Ganapatipule people were also back by then....
Evening was again adventurous... We thought of going to the beach to get the sunset view....Mind you not walking but we thought of grabbing some means of transport... Since no transport available we had to take some steep short cut.... and then we were at the beach.... Was quite sure that while returning from the beach it would be quite dark to take the short cut and we will be going by road.... But that wasnt the case....It was time to return and boys suggested taking the short cut... It wasnt a great suggestion according to me as it was getting darker and darker..... But still Bhagwaan ka naam leke we started on our way thru the short cut.... Coming down was no pain compared to climbling the way..... what a pain.... Plus me and my friend had carried our cells, volets, towels...bla bla bla which was adding to my weight.... :( Finally we were back and then it turned complete dark.... God saved the sunlight for us to climb up..... :)
Now it was the long awaited DJ night..... Me and my friend as throughout the offsite were the last one's to be at the DJ hall.... But the first one's to take the dance floor.... Once I was on the dance floor...There was no looking back....Dancing my all time passion..... Completely aloof of who's watching and who's not I enjoyed the floor to the fullest... Though the DJ was pathetic we still managed to catch the beats..... 3 hours on the dance floor and I was totally drained out.... But in the end, I simply enjoyed dancing...Totally exhausted I was back to the room at midnite....Wished to extend my stay at Ratnagiri but had to pack the bags... :( Check out time was 8am in the morning....
It was time to return..... Leave the place and carry with us the sweet memories of a wonderful offsite.......Thank to GOD for a safe journey and my company for such a lovely offsite.... :)

5 comments:

~G said...

Awww! I so missed the Billo rani dance.. Waiting for the pictures desperately.. A live performance exclusively for me will also do .. ;)

Gargi said...

*G===hahaha.... I just dont recollect what i performed... Music makes me crazy i think,and then n forget ki m not alone... If some1 cud help me recollect the steps, u can c the performance live... ;)

Kanchan said...

oh .. had a great time babes !!!
we sure will make one more trip .. now to sum hilly sahayadris .. wat say ???

Gargi said...

*Kanchan==Yups dear.... Trek is what i am looking for now...Distance doesnt matter but shouldn't be steep... ;)

Anonymous said...

hey when is the next blog coming ??