Thursday, October 23, 2008

What I missed this year....

For me the new year started when I moved to Pune for my career....Last whole year has been a great learning...
So what all did I miss the whole year---
What I missed the most, MY FAMILY....
I missed ma HOME SWEET HOME, the lake view and greenary in Shimpoli.
I missed ma first company.
I missed building SSiS mappings, filling timesheets, VSS, etc.... (Everything so close to my heart)
I missed travelling daily for 4 hours (which is now compensated by my weekend travel)
I missed Ghodbunder\Powai road.
I missed playing "Mendicoat.." in bus.
I missed chatting wid bus friends all long journey.
I missed garma-garma chapatis and fish curry\fry (which I used to get even after coming home even at mid-night)
I missed hogging Mangoes in Summer and Gaboli fry in Rains.
I missed the Schezwan noodle dosa during snack time on weekdays.
I missed the sudu-ko solving sessions with Mom.
I missed the firings from dad.... :)
I missed the Kastur Park Ganapati ... Dint meet Bappa for the first time since birth.... :( Very senti about it.....
I missed the Ganapati Visarjan for the first time... :( Missed dancing during the visarjan procession...
Last but not the least, I missed Diwali in Mumbai.... something which I am not gonna miss this year... :)Mom has plans to teach me how to make "Pharal..." Hope I learn!!Have taken an entire weeks off to enjoy the Diwali to the fullest in the comfort of home, wid family, sweets and friends..... :)
Wishing you all and your family to a very happy and properous Diwali in Advance...

6 comments:

~G said...

There are times that you cannot help. These are such when you brood over things you have missed..
Anyway, there must be something that you have learnt or enjoyed in the last year too... Waiting to read about that :)

Anonymous said...

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted...
But its gud to see that you are sure of what you are missing in life and able to count it..:)

Gud luck gal... be happy

Anonymous said...

yeah me too missing India ...but still adjusting n learning new things ..each day is a new experience,..hope u too have some worth remembering experiences in Pune ...take care .

Gargi said...

&Gunjan: Yeah dear, have enjoyed and learnt alot last year... :)

Gargi said...

&Vardan: Experiences which I had in the last year made me happy and proud about my decision of coming to Pune.

Gargi said...

&Anonymous: Lovely quote....For a change it wasn't a bouncer to me like your other quotes... :)I am very sure of what i am missing in life. At the same time, making an effort towards retaining things which I don't wanna miss.... :) But all your desires don't get fulfilled... :( So again I am forseeing what I am gonna miss...